Money for PPI now available
The BRC invites applicants to the next round of Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) bursary fund awards.
In a ground-breaking scheme, researchers are invited to apply for one of two types of grant to help embed high quality PPI in their research.
The aim of the fund is to not only embed PPI in the research process across UCL/UCLH biomedical research but also to make sure PPI has a beneficial impact on research and is a good experience for both the public and researchers.
The priorities of the bursary fund are to:
- enable researchers to involve patients and the public at an early stage in their research
- promote PPI that has a demonstrable and meaningful impact on research
- improve the quality and effectiveness of PPI activities already taking place
- find imaginative and innovative ways of involving patients and the public
- encourage the active involvement of patients and the public in setting research priorities and the strategic development of research
Researchers are invited to apply for one of two types of grant:
PPI starter grant – up to £500 to support researchers to begin actively involving patients and the public in their research.
PPI innovation grant – up to £2,000 to support researchers to involve patients and the public in an innovative way which will have a wider impact on the practice of PPI.
The deadlines for proposals is 5pm, Wednesday 9 May 2018
This bursary is available to projects and initiatives that fall within INVOLVE’s definition of public involvement in research. Applicants will be notified within four weeks following the submission deadline on the outcome of the round.
For any queries about the PPI bursary fund, please email the Patient and Public Involvement team on email@example.com